Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Class XI, ENGLISH, "Prepositions"

1. I come to the university ______ bus.(By)

2. He is afraid ______ snakes.(of)

3. The author beings ______ asking four questions.(By)

4. All science beings ______ the knowledge of our ignorance.(With)

5. I complimented him ______ his success.(on)

6. Send this letter ______ this address.(To)

7. He managed to get a seat ______ the bus.(In)

8. He does not devote much time ______ his studies.(To)

9. He is an authority ______ Malaysian history.(on)

10. She had a good reason ______ being angry.(For)

11. I have very little faith ______ his judgement.(In)

12. Do not laugh ______ the old man.(At)

13. He comes ______ a noble family.(of)

14. He did not agree ______ me.(With)

15. I was angry ______ his behaviour.(At)

16. His views are not clear ______ me.(To)

17. She is kind ______ me.(To)

18. My brother is angry ______ me.(With)

19. She felt great joy ______ her success.(In)

20. She is good ______ English.(In)

21. Put ______ the lights.(out)

22. I am pleased ______ your achievement.(With)

23. The man is blind ______ one eye.(With)

24. My sister stays ______ home.(At)

25. Take care ______ your health.(Of)

26. Write ______ the margin of your book.(In)

27. His office is adjacent ______ the mosque.(To)

28. She is very proficient ______ English.(In)

29. I am not ashamed ______ anything I have done.(Of)

30. She has always felt inferior ______ her sister.(To)

31. He is frequently absent ______ school.(From)

32. He is ______ the height of his career.(At)

33. The poor beggar was crushed ______ a car.(By)

34. What the chances ______ your success in the examination?(Of)

35. I got eighty marks ______ of hundred.(Out)

36. What is the table made ______?(Of)

37. They are laughing ______ him.(At)

38. We went ______ the seaside by car.(To)

39. I bought this car ______ Rs. 20/-.(For)

40. He was accused ______ stealing the money.(Of)

41. He stood ______ me in crisis.(By)

42. Do not blame me ______ this.(For)

43. He has promised to look ______ the matter.(Into)

44. He has acceded ______ my request.(To)

45. He told me that he was familiar ______ that subject.(With)

46. Do not cry ______spilt mill.(At)

47. The children have been playing ______ 5O’clock.(Since)

48. Charity begins ______ home.(At)

49. The revolt was put ______ at the right time.(Out)

50. He is a man ______ iron will.(Of)

51. A man ______ need is a friend indeed.(In)

52. Will you take care ______ this packet and keep it ______ you.(Of,with)

53. Is he an authority ______ this subject.(On

54. I prefer foot ball ______ to baseball.(To)

55. The committee was opposed ______ the proposal.(With)

56. He is very much interested ______ world affairs.(In)

57. She is not afraid ______ death.(Of)

58. Wait ______ me ______ the station.(For,at)

59. They went home ______ foot.(On

60. The house, he lives ______ is very old.(In)

61. Smoking is injurious ______ health.(For)

62. He will tell you ______ his result.About)

63. He is trying to change this wood ______ coal.(Into)

64. Take ______ your hat.(Off)

65. Isn’t the road ______ construction.(For)

66. I arrived ______ the station ______ the train had left.(At,after)

67. The shop was ______ fire and the people were crying ______ help.(On,for)

68. What a pity! We don’t adhere ______ our own principles.(To)

69. He stood ______ me.(By)

70. He ran ______ me.(After)

71. She does her work ______ night.(At)

72. There were hills all ______ the way.(Along)

73. I have some pain ______ my chin.(Under)

74. The end is ______ hand.(At)

75. I am tired ______ doing nothing.(Of)

76. He succeeded ______ secuing some votes.(In)

77. That portrait is very much true ______ life.(To)

78. I differ ______ you entirely.(With)

79. I was thinking ______ you.(of)

80. It is of no use ______ me.(To)

81. She was standing ______ the two houses.(Between)

82. A girl ______ blue eyes has just gone ______ the door.(With,off)

83. He complained ______ pain in her back.(of)

84. She is glad ______ my success.(At)

85. Always be good ______ others.(To)

86. They walked ______ the railway line.(Along)

87. Turn left ______ the next intersection.(At)

88. He was wearing a fine shirt ______ his coat.(Underneath)

89. There is a stream ______ the bridge.(Under)

90. He spoke ______ me in English.(To)

91. I have applied ______ the post.(For)

92. He is interested ______ buying my car.(In)

93. He has not replied ______ my letter.(To)

94. He is angry ______ me.(With)

95. Are you sure ______ the facts.(Of)

96. I have great regard ______ my father.(For)

97. The hunt ______ knowledge is a long-life task.(For)

98. He was shot dead ______ his enemy.(By)

99. The house is ______ fire.(On)

100. Please write ______ ink.(With)

2 comments: