Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Class XI, ENGLISH, "Letter to a friend, inviting him to join you on a visit to a hill station"

My Dear Friend,

Hope this letter finds you in the best of health and satisfaction. Perhaps you remember your promise of accompanying me to Murree in the summer vacation. I am sending this letter to remind you of the same.

Our college is closing on the 15th of this month. We may start our journey soon after that. I leave it entirely to you to fix the date and time of our departure. To me, any date and time will be most welcome.

You can well imagine the pleasure and enjoyment we will have in the cool and health-giving climate of Murree. It will be a pleasant change for you from the sweltering heat of Multan to the refreshing atmosphere of Murree. You need not bother about accommodation. My maternal uncle owns a large house there. We can put up with him for as long as we wish.

Pay regards to your parents and love to you brothers. I am waiting for your reply anxiously. Please try to respond as soon as possible. The whole program depends on your letter.

Yours sincerely,

X. Y. Z

1 comment:

  1. not soo great.....you need to make improvements to this website ITS really boring but the letter helped me thank you

    ReplyDelete